2023 Annual General Meeting
@ Sturgeon Heights Community Centre - Multi-purpose room
Apr. 17, 2023 06:00 PM to 08:30 PM
Hello SJRA families!
What a great season everyone had! As it comes to a close, we will be planning our AGM. The AGM is run once a year and gives us an opportunity to reflect on the past season and plan for the next.
The AGM is scheduled for April 17 from 6:00 to 8:30 at Sturgeon Heights Community Club
This year we have a number of positions up for election. Our hope is to have families come out to lend their support so that we can all contribute to this wonderful sport. Even if you have a few hours to lend each season, it helps. See below the list of positions we need help with and the time commitment anticipated.
- Winnipeg Ringette League Rep - which is someone who attends meetings with the WRL and liaises with the WRL board on behalf of SJRA. (roughly a 3-5 hour a month commitment).
- Ice Scheduler - Scheduling ice for all ringette practices and providing ice to WRL for games. Time commitment in September and December (pre and mid season).
- Secretary - note taking and scheduling board meetings monthly to stay in compliance. Time commitment roughly 1-2 hours per month.
- Minor officials - Supporting and recruiting officials. Time commitment 2-5 hours per month.
- Player development - planning and delivering developmental opportunities for SJRA players. Time commitment 1-4 hours per month dependent on events.
- Fundraiser/volunteer - developing and supporting fundraising opportunities for teams. Time commitment dependent on fundraising activities planned.
- AA Convenor - represent SJRA at AA board meetings, time commitment around 2 hours per month.
We also would love any families that want to help out next year to come to the meeting. We want to involve anyone who wants to be part of the SJRA board team whether you can commit ongoing or episodically, we want to have more people around the table!
Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line 'AGM' to let us know that you are attending on April 17th. We are planning snacks and beverages so would like to have an idea of numbers ahead of time. If you have any questions about the AGM or any above positions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.